Monday, January 16, 2012

Solving exponential equations using change of base property

Here is my suggestion for doing equations like the last one we did in Sci Math gr 11 today, and by the way, I used codecogs to do all this so it looks super pretty:




                                         (take log of both sides)


                       (use third property of logs)


          (replace logs with their app values)


      (distribute)


  (get like terms together)


                                           (combine like terms)


                              (et voila!)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, indeed! Speaking of pretty... I have looked at all of the blogs your students have created. They look amazing and there are some super blog names. I can't wait to read what they have to say about math.

    Mrs. Conrod

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Such creativity! And bacon!

    ReplyDelete